The Old Hardware is seeking a Part-Time Coordinator.
Narraghmore Development CLG T/A The Old Hardware is a community-run village grocer, tearoom and events space based in Narraghmore, Co Kildare. We are a social enterprise whose mission is to enhance the local community through social connection.
We have a vacancy for a newly created Coordinator (part-time) who will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of The Old Hardware. This is a part-time paid position – 19 hours per week.
The Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring high levels of customer service and quality, as well as, maintaining a positive environment for our Volunteers and work experience students. See below for full list of duties.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a social enterprise or community development role. They will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a proven ability of working on their own initiative.
Application by letter and CV should be submitted to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 5pm, Friday, 27th January 2023
Narraghmore Development CLG is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The Coordinator will be the main point of contact for customers & volunteers on a day-to-day basis. They will report and feedback to The Old Hardware Committee on a regular basis.
- Ensure excellent customer service & a friendly welcome are always provided at The Old Hardware.
- Gather customer feedback and manage any customer queries or issues & report any issues to Committee.
- In conjunction with committee arrange intro session / initial visit for new volunteers
- Ensure Volunteers are properly trained and provide intro session to go through task lists, expectations etc.
- Co-ordinate volunteers & student’s tasks on a day-to-day basis
- Assist committee with the input & management of the Volunteers Shift Schedule
- Be on-site during opening hours (or agreed hours) to fulfill above tasks
- Manage Cleaning Schedule – manage cleaner’s & volunteer’s jobs on a weekly & daily basis
- Manage and log Fire extinguisher checks
- Manage Pest Control – ensure HAACP book completed
- Overall management of the HAACP book to ensure compliance
- Stock control & ordering
- Management of costings & pricing to ensure required margin achieved
- Enter Stock into till
- Ensure incoming stock expiry dates are sufficient
- Manage shop equipment supplies – till Rolls etc.
- Managing suppliers where appropriate
- Ensure consistency with products and supervise production of products being prepared – prepping, baking & serving.
- Manage stock / baking requirements on a daily / weekly basis in conjunction with Bakers
- Manage ingredients stock / stock control ensuring minimal waste
- Check off any delivery dockets & submit invoices to committee for payment
- Ensure incoming stock sell by dates are checked and have sufficient time for use
- Manage suppliers where appropriate
- Ensure Tea Room processes & procedures are followed by all volunteers – raise any issues with committee.
- Working with Crafters to sort out display and stock rotation – in conjunction with the nominated crafter
- Be the main point of contact for any new craft suppliers